Sunday, July 30, 2023

Week Message: Jesus’ commands and joy by Rev. Katherine Liu Bruce

 Weely Message: Jesus’ commands and joy by Rev. Katherine Liu Bruce

Christian Arts Ministries; Biblical precepts & Gospel music; Pastoral ministry& Counseling  

Date: July30,2023

Scriptures reading…

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. (John15:7) This is to my Father’s glory that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. (John 15:8) If you obey my commands you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in His love. (John15:10) I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete. (John 15:11)

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that He lay down His life for His friends. (John15:12-13) You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends. For everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit –fruit that will last. Then, the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: love each other. (John15:14-17).

 

Am I abiding in Jesus? And His word abides in me so that ask whatever I wish, it will be given me? Am I bear fruit and fruit that will last so that the Father will give me whatever I ask in Jesus name? Am I experiencing the joy that Jesus had offered by Himself to His Father? if not, what is wrong about it? In what area of my life that caused me lose the joy?

  My friends ask yourselves these questions, what is your answer? positively? or negatively? How can you find joy and confidence as Jesus related to His Father? Do you rightly related to God through Jesus Christ?  

            What was the joy that Jesus had? The joy of Jesus was the absolute self-surrender and self-sacrifice of Himself to His Father, the joy of doing that which the Father sent Him to do. “I delight to do Thy will.”Jesus prayed that our joy might go on fulfilling itself until it was the same joy as His. Have I allowed Jesus Christ to introduce His joy to me?[1]                                                                                                  

           The full flood of my life is not in bodily health, not in external happenings, not in seeing God’s work succeed, but in the communion with Him that Jesus Himself had. Jesus wants to get us to the place where we will be His witnesses and proclaim Who Jesus is.[2]

          The first thing that will hinder this joy is the captious irritation of thinking out circumstances. The cares of this world, will choke God’s word. Worry and anxiety about the life as thorns choke the Word of God, and constricts the development of faith. Lacking of trust in God and a failure to fully understand His plan and provision for us, it is clearly harmful to us, displeasing to God and become unfruitful. 

           Christians must abide in Christ Jesus so that His Word will abide in them and their prayer in Jesus’ name will be answered. Jesus pointed out two elements in order to get prayer be answered. First is “abide in Me”. Second, “bear fruit- fruit that will last” then, Father will give whatever you ask in His name. To abide in Jesus and bear fruit, you may hold to Jesus, obey, surrender, self- deny and take cross to follow Him.  

             Joy in the Lord is the strength of Christians. To enjoy Jesus’ joy, you must bear, acknowledge, concede, and yield to Jesus. “Be rightly related to God, find your joy there, and out of you will flow rivers of living water. Be a centre for Jesus Christ to pour living water through. Stop being self-conscious, stop being a sanctified prig, and live the life hid with Christ. The life that is rightly related to God is as natural as breathing wherever it goes. The lives that have been of most blessing to you are those who were unconscious of it.” [3]

 

Bibliography,

   

Barker, Kenneth L. NIV Study Bible. Grand Rapids, MI:  Zondervan, 1985.                   

Chambers, Oswald. My Utmost for His highest. N.Y. Dodd, Mead & Company, 1935.

King James, The Holy Bible, Cleveland, OH: The world publishing company

Ryrie, Charles C. The Ryrie study Bible (NIV).Chicago, IL: The Moody Bible Institute, 1986. 

                

 

 



[1]  Oswald Chambers. My Utmost for His highest. N.Y. Dodd, Mead & Company, 1935.

[2] Ibid.

[3] Ibid.

No comments:

Post a Comment