Saturday, September 16, 2023

Weekly message: Life principle- Get wisdom, avoid surety, don’t trust men but Jesus By Rev.Katherine Liu Bruce

 Weekly message: Life principle- Get wisdom, avoid surety, don’t trust men but Jesus

By Rev.Katherine Liu Bruce

Christian Arts Ministries: Biblical precepts, Gospel music, Pastoral ministry & Counseling

Date: September 16,2023

 

Ø  Do not trust your friends and brothers

 Beware of your friends; do not trust your brothers. For every brother are a deceiver, and every friend a slanderer. Friend deceives friend, and no one speaks the truth. They have taught their tongues to lie; they weary themselves with sinning. You live in the midst of deception; in their deceit they refuse to acknowledge Me.” Declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 9: 4-6) They make ready their tongue like a bow, to shoot lies; it is not by truth they triumph in the land. They go from one sin to another; they do not acknowledge Me. Declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 9: 3)

Ø  They tongue speaks deceit, mouse speaks peace, but heart sets a trap

 Therefore, this is what the Lord Almighty says: “See, I will refine and test them, for what else can I do because of the sin of my people? Their tongue is a deadly arrow; it speaks with deceit. With his mouth each speaks cordially to his neighbor, but in his heart he sets a trap for him. Should I not punish them for this? Declares the Lord. Should I not avenge myself on such a nations as this?  (Jeremiah 9:7-9)

Ø  They followed the Baals –the idols no breath, cannot walk

 The Lord said, “It is because they have forsaken my law, which I set before them; they have not obeyed me or followed my law. Instead, they have followed the stubbornness of their hearts; they have followed the Baals, as their fathers taught them.” Therefore, this is what the Lord Almighty, the God so Israel, says, “See, I will make this people eat bitter food, and drink poisoned water. I will scatter them among nations that neither they nor their fathers have known, and I will pursue them with the sword until I have destroyed them.” (Jer.9:13-16)

Ø  They cut a tree shapes it as an idol

 This is what the Lord says, “Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the sky, though the nations are terrified by them. For the customs of the peoples are worthless; they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel. They adorn it with hammer and nails so it will not totter. Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fears them they can do no harm nor can they do any good.” (Jeremiah 10:2-5) Everyone is senseless and without knowledge; every goldsmith is shamed by his idols. His images are a fraud; they have no breath in them. (Jer.10:14)

Ø  Lord is the true God, living God, the eternal King

 This is what the Lord says, “Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about his:  That he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight.” (Declares the Lord) (Jer.9:23-24).

  But the Lord is the true God; He is the living God, the eternal King. When He is angry the earth trembles; the nations cannot endure His wrath. Tell them this: “These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.” But God made the earth by His power; He founded the world by His wisdom and stretched out the heavens by His understanding.”  When He thunders, the waters in the heavens roar; He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth. He sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.(Jer.10:10-13)

Ø  Jesus ’  Identity – I AM  

 I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. (John8:12). If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. (John8:31). I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin…So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John8: 34,36) I tell you the truth; I am the gate for the sheep. ..I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. (John10:7,9) I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener.  I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing. (John15:1,5)

Ø  Acquire Wisdom

 Lay hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands and you will live. Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them. Do not forsake wisdom and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you. She will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor. (Proverbs4:4-9)

Ø  Avoid Bad Company

 Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many. I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. Hold on to instruction; do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life. Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men. Avoid it, do not travel on it, turn form it and go on your way, for they cannot sleep till they do evil. They are robbed of slumber till they make someone fall. They eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence. The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what make them stumble. (Proverbs4:10-19).

Ø  Watch yourself

 My son, pay attention to what I say, listen closely to my words, Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body. Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil. (Proverbs4:20-27)

Ø  Avoid Surety

 My Son, if you have put up security for your neighbor, if you have struck hands in pledge for another, if you have been trapped by what you said, ensnared by the words of your mouth, then do this, my son, to free yourself, since you have fallen into your neighbor’s hands; go and humble yourself; press your plea with your neighbor! Allow no sleep to your eyes, no slumber to your eyelids. Free yourself, like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the snare of the fowler. (Proverbs6:1-5)

Bibliography,

     Ryrie, Charles C. The Ryrie study Bible (NIV).Chicago, IL: The Moody Bible Institute, 1986 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment