Sunday, May 30, 2021

Standing on the promises of God (Ezekiel 34:25-31) by Rev.Katherine Liu Bruce

Weekly message: Standing on the promises of God (Ezekiel 34:25-31)

By Rev.Katherine Liu Bruce Christian Arts Ministries: Biblical Precepts & Gospel music

May30, 2021

     What are the promises of God to Israel today? and to us who believe in the Lord our God? According to Ezekiel 34:25-31 the Lord’s promises to Israel, and to those who received the new covenant through the blood of Jesus, regardless Jews or gentiles who delight in the Lord, His promises have been revealed to us generation to generation and it’s trustworthy. We shall stand on the promises of God and believe that there will be showers of blessing, precious reviving and season’s refreshing come down from above.

What are the promises of God to Israel and His chosen races? There are six promises as follows,   

1)      The Lord said, “I will make a covenant of peace with them and rid the land of wild beasts so that they may live in the desert and sleep in the forests in safety.” (Ezekiel34”25)

2)      The Lord said, I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing.”(Ezekiel34:25)

3)      The Lord said, The trees of the field will yield their fruit and the ground will yield its crops; the people will be secure in their land. They will know that I am the Lord, when I break the bars of their yoke and rescue them from the hands of those who enslaved them.” (Ezekiel34:26-27)

4)      The Lord said, “They will no longer be plundered by the nations, nor will wild animals devour them. They will live in safety, and no one will make them afraid.” (Ezekiel34:28)

5)      The Lord said, “I will provide for them a land renowned for its crops, and they will no longer be victims of famine in the land or bear the scorn of the nations. Then, they will know that I, the Lord their God, am with them and that they, the house of Israel, are my people, declares the Sovereign Lord.” (Ezekiel34:29-30)

6)      The Lord said, You my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, are people, and I am your God, declares the Sovereign Lord.” (Ezekiel34:31).

   The Lord rebirth of the nation Israel, yet, He agented Mount Seir, and  He said, “Son of man, set your face against the Mount Seir…This is what the Sovereign Lord says: “I am against you, Mount Seir, and  I will stretch out my hand against you and make you a desolate waste. I will turn your towns into ruins and you will be desolate. Then you will know that I am the Lord.” (Ezekiel35:2-4). Mount Seir is the mountainous region SW of the Dead Sea where the Edomites lived. (See introduction to Obadiah and Ezek.25:12-14) Edom joined with the Babylonians in 587 in killing Jewish refugees (Ezek.35:5) and grabbing some of the land.(Ezek.35;10). The Lord against Mount Seir because of their proud, for they claimed that first, “these two nations (Israel and Judah) and countries will be ours and we will take possession of them,” even though the Lord was there.” (Ezek35:10) second, “they have been laid waste and have been given over to us to devour.” (Ezek35:27)  The Lord judged Mount Seir, because the Lord has heard all the contemptible things they have said against the mountains of Israel.(Ezek.35:12). The Lord treated Mount Seir in accordance with the anger and jealousy they showed in their hatred of Israel and said, “You boasted against me and spoke against me without restraint, and I heard it. This is what the Sovereign Lord says: while the whole earth rejoices, I will make you desolate. Because you rejoiced when the inheritance of the house of Israel became desolate, that is how I will treat you. You will be desolate, O Mount Seir, you and all of Edom. Then they will know that I am the Lord.” (Ezekiel35:13-15). The Lord’s favor, promises and the covenant of peace to Israel and Judah are unshakeable, unchangeable and indescribable.  

The Lord’s unchangeable covenant of love to Israel also affirmed in Jeremiah 29: 10-14, it says, “ This is what the Lord says: “ when seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to the place. For I know the plans I have for you,declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will see me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity…” (Jeremiah29:10-14).  There were 3023 Jews who had been taken to Babylon in 597 to exhort them to live as normal a life as possible, to await God’s deliverance after seventy years and to disregard false prophets such as Ahab and Zedekiah.    

    The Lord’s blessings of security and His protection are also found in the psalmist. The Psalm 91:1 says, “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.” The Lord is refuge and fortress to those who trust in Him. The Lord affirmed, “Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge. His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. If you make the Most High your dwelling even the Lord, who is my refuge. Then no harm will befall you no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. Because he loves me, says the Lord, I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation. ” (Psalm91:3-16)        

Today, salvation is opening to all the people regardless Jews or Gentiles in this generation. It’s important to believe in the Lord our God through the Messiah Christ, Jesus. For Jesus said, “For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.” (Matthew26:28) “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, this do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” (1 Corinthians11:25). Y’shua’s blood was shed for us to preserve us for everlasting life. All the believers are heir together with Jesus to receive the showers of blessings from everlasting Father; “He has given us His very great and precious promises.” (2Pet.1:4). We shall stand on the promises of God our savior.

   My friends, start to believe in Christ Jesus and confess your sins, and ask Jesus to come into your heart to be your savior. And read the words of God day by day, you will find rest on the promises of God according to Ezekiel 34:25-31. The Lord’s promises to Israel, and to those who received the new covenant through the blood of Jesus, regardless Jews or gentiles who delight in the Lord, His promises and the covenant of peace are unshakable.    

 

    

     Bibliography,

        

      King James, The Holy Bible, Cleveland, OH: The world publishing company

   

      Ryrie, Charles C. The Ryrie study Bible (NIV).Chicago, IL: The Moody Bible Institute, 1986. 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment