Wednesday, April 6, 2022

A Testimony that Jesus healed my mother; she came to life in 1999 by Rev.Katherine Liu Bruce

A Testimony that Jesus healed my mother; she came to life in 1999

By Rev.Katherine Liu Bruce  

Christian Arts Ministries: Biblical precepts & Gospel music; Pastoral ministry & Counseling

 Introduction

This year Passover will be celebrated from April 15-23 and Easter (Pascha), resurrection Sunday is on April 17. Each Eater, I will share a video which was produced in 2011 in order to testify that Jesus had healed my mother, and let her came to life after nurse said, “ your mother has passed away.” By powerful prayer in the name of Jesus, Jesus can heal.  In this era, Jesus’ healing power and comforting are still the same. His words are still powerful in this day to those who believe in Him, by the powerful name of Jesus, and our faith with persistent prayers and fasting, Jesus unveiled himself to individual who had faith in Him.

A Testimony that Jesus healed my mother; she came to life in 1999

 In Feb. 1999, my mother had hypertension, asthma attached, Leukemia, during the dialysis, because of fever persistent, asthma attached, and poor infection control, she was asleep, and unconscious, her skin was turned to dark. Even nurse said, “Sorry, your mother has passed away.” I didn’t give up, prayed without ceasing, fasted and laid my hand on her head, asking Lord Jesus to heal her. For I led her to Miaoli church to be baptized, but she had not yet learned the Bible, so I asked the Lord to heal her, that I could teach her the Bible.  She was unconscious in the ICU for weeks, I put a CD player next to her, let her listen to the worship music, and hope she will wake up one day.  I called the local church in Miaoli Bro. Lo, Bro. Xu and Taipei International Church Pastor Mike came to pray for her. And many local church members came to the hospital to pray for her.

 Few weeks later, after a prayer meeting on Thursday at TIC, I came back to the ICU at 11 pm, I saw my mother's foot tapping, followed the worship music and kept tapping, and nurse also saw her foot tapping. The joy came to my heart; mother awoke. 

            On June 8, 1999, Taipei local church sister Yu (Jian) Ren Ai and sister Hao came to pray together, when Doctor called me to counsel together at 1:30 pm, because my mother’s arm needed to be amputated due to poor infection control. My first response was prayer and I said, “Doctor, let me pray for you, God will give you wisdom to make the right decision for my mother, I trust you God will use your hand to bring the healing.” Sister Yu and sister Hao and I, three were together prayed over the surgery, and my sister Kuei-Hsiang stranded there watched us to pray for Doctor. Five hours later at 7:00pm, mother came out of the ICU, her arm didn’t amputate. I praise God for answering the prayer.   

  By the powerful name of Jesus, mother came to life, and prayer was answered. Doctor asked, “Does your mother also believe in Jesus? I said, “Yes.” He replied, “It’s kind of a miracle, our hospital had never imported this kind of medicine, this was the first time and used for your mother, it did heal her.”

Jesus can heal, and answered the prayers 

 My mother had experienced Jesus’ healing and rose from death during June and was discharged in August 1999 in Taiwan. And she went with me to testify that Jesus’ healing power at hometown local hospital and walked with me to the church in Sep.1999. She shared her faith with my older sister over the phone, and told her to pray in the name of Jesus on March 1, 2000. Jesus prolonged her life for four and half years, she had never learned Chinese, after she rose from death, I taught her Bible in Hakar language and Chinese writing. She wrote four notebooks, “Heavenly Father'', 天父 “Son of God神的兒子”, and “Jesus loves you耶穌愛你”.  And the Lord prolonged her life about five more years, she went with me to the church and the hospital to testify that Jesus raised her from dead, and Jesus can heal.  Indeed, Jesus’ power over the disease and took up our infirmities and carried our diseases (Matt. 8: 17). 

Mother passed away in thanksgiving 2003. TIC Pastor Beyer, Doug & Martha, members and local church sister Hsieh, Mei-Chin, members and my biological families came to support Christian funeral service.   

Each crisis produced an opportunity to serve the Lord, and each worship song I composed and sang out under the circumstances. “Come to me” (Matt11:28) was one of worship songs that I wrote it in remembrance of my mother during 2011. Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matt11:28-30). It became the songs of deliverance and songs of salvation in my life and Christian ministry journey in the U.S.A.

My friends, when there is no hope and no physicians to go, call upon the name of Jesus, praise Him, and petition your weakness, and sickness to Him. Jesus can heal and grant you inner man’s peace. Jesus’ comforting and healing are still powerful in this era, who said, “Take heart daughter, your faith has healed you; according to your faith will it be done to you.” (Matt.9:29). “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.”; “don’t be afraid, just believe, and she will be healed.”(Luke.8:48, 50). Jesus loves you and His comfort is the same in A.D. 60-50, who said, “come to me all you who are weary and burdened, I will give you rest. (Matt.11:28). He is Messiah Christ, the great “I am”, He is the same yesterday, today, and forever more.  

Ø  Historical in O.T. and N.T. evident

 The power of Christ Jesus had preformed and approved by the prophets and all His disciples as witness. In O.T. Isaiah said, “He took up our infirmities and carried our disease.” had confirmed by Apostles in N.T. All these narrative were written by Apostle Matthew, Luke, Mark, and John. The proof of the king that Jesus Christ is Messiah, there are few factors and evident as followers,  

First, Jesus’ power over defilement- he was cured of a man with leprosy (Matt.8:3).

 Second, His power over distance- when a centurion’s servant lies at home paralyzed, Jesus said a word according to the centurion’s faith, who asked for healing, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘go, and he goes and that one, ‘Come’ and he comes. I say to my servant, “do this and he does it” (v.8-9). Jesus was astonished about his great faith, and healed his servant by commanded“Go! It will be done just as you believed it would.” (v.13). Jesus with all authority and divine power performed the miracle, centurion’s servant was healed.      

 Third, Jesus’ power over disease- when Peter’s mother in-law lying in bed with a fever. Jesus touched her hand and the fever left her. And many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.

 Fourth, Jesus’ power over the deep- when Jesus got into the boat and his disciples followed him, without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying,  “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!” Jesus got up and rebuked the winds and the waves. It was completely calm.

 Fifth, Jesus’ power over demons – when he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him, and said, “ Son of God…have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?” the demons begged Jesus, “ if you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.” Jesus said to them, “Go!” so they came out and went into the pigs. 

 Sixth, Jesus’ power over darkness- when there were two blind men followed Jesus calling out, “have mercy on us, Son of David.” Jesus asked, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” they replied, “Yes, Lord”. Jesus touched their eyes and said, “according to your faith will it be done to you.”(Matt.9:29) And their sight was restored. 

 Seventh, Jesus’ power over death – a ruler came and knelt before Jesus and said, “My daughter has just died. But come and put your hand on her, and she will live.” Jesus got up and went with him, and so did his disciples, on the way, a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak she said to herself, “if I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.” Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter…you faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed from that moment.(Matt.9:20-22). When Jesus entered the ruler’s house and saw the flute players and the noisy crowd, Jesus said, “Go away, the girl is not dead, but asleep.” But they laughed at him. After the crowd had been put outside, he went in and took the girl by the hand, and she got up. (Matt.9:23-26).   

These factors and events approved the power of God and approved by all His disciples as windiness. All these narrative were written by Apostle Matthew, Luke, Mark, and John. Many sicknesses came to Jesus, demonstrated great faith and belief, so the miracles were preformed. “Some called Him “Son of God” which is Jesus’ divine name. (Matt.8:29). Some called Him, “Son of David”, His Jewish name (Matt.9:27). But “Son of Men”, the name that signifies Jesus on the earth and His mission which emphasizes His lowliness and humanity (Matt.8:20) His suffering and death. (Luke19:10) and His future reign as king”.  (Matt.24:27).[1] 

Conclusion

In this era, Jesus’ healing power and comforting are still the same. His words are still powerful in this day to those who believe in Him, by the powerful name of Jesus, and our faith with persistent prayers and fasting, Jesus unveiled himself to individual who had faith in Him. “I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in me will live, even though he dies. And whoever lives and believes in me will never die.” (John11:25). He who believes in Jesus, even if he dies physically shall live spiritually and eternally. Whoever lives physically and believes in me will never die spiritually and eternally.  


  















Bibliography,

Bauer, Walter. A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature. 3rd Chicago: The University of Chicago press, 2000.

Brown, Robert, Philip W. Comfort and J.D. Douglas, ed. The New Greek English Interlinear New Testament. Carol Stream: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.1990.

Bruce, Katherine L. “weekly message: Jesus took up our infirmities and carried our disease” Orlando, FL: Christian Arts Ministries: Biblical precepts, 2017.

Friberg, Timothy, Barbara Friberg, and Neva F. Miller et al., eds. Analytical Lexicon of the Greek New Testament.1st ed. Victoria BC: Trafford Publishing, 2005.

           Lee, Witness. The New Testament (R.V.) Anaheim, CA: Living Stream Ministry, 1985.

Ryrie, Charles C. The Ryrie study Bible (NIV). Chicago, IL: The Moody Bible Institute, 1986. 

 Strong, James. Strong’s: the expanded exhaustive concordance of the Bible. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2010. 


No comments:

Post a Comment