Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Bible in one year 8/31/2022 Psalm 61-63 & worship song by Rev.Katherine Liu Bruce

My soul find rest in God alone (Psalm62) I composed, recorded and produced during 2011 to 2013 reflected psalmist's heart waits on God, and warns others to put their trust in God rather than in the folly of ill-gotten gain or human strength. 

Bible in one year 8/31/ 2022  Psalm 61-63

By Rev. Katherine Liu Bruce                                                                                                          

Christian Arts Ministries : Biblical precepts & Gospel music; Pastoral ministry & Counseling

 

Psalm 61 A psalm of David. Disheartened, David prays for strength and security(vv.1-2), based on the comfort that comes from God’s character(vv.3-4) and on the confidence that comes from His faithfulness to His promises(vv.5-7), all of which motivates the psalmist to praise and give thanks to God(v.8). Verse 2-4 the rock that is higher than I. An asylum which gives protection and security. God is that asylum, pictured by four figures of speech: refuge, strong tower, tent, and shelter. David appeals to God’s covenant with him(2Sam.7:16).

            Psalm 61:1-8

             Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you. I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. (v.1-2).

For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. (v.3). I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. (v.4).

For you have heard my vows, O God, you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name. (v.5).In crease the days of the king’s life, his years for many generations. (v.6).

May he be enthroned in God’s presence foreverappoint your love and faithfulness to protect him. Then will I ever sing praise to your name and fulfill my vows day after day. (vv.7-8).

 

Psalm 62 A psalm of David.  David waits on God(vv.1-7) and warns others to put their thrust in Him, rather than in the folly of ill-gotten gain or human strength (vv.8-12)

            Psalm 62:1-11

            My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (vv.1-2).

            How long will you assault a man? Would all of you throw him down—this leaning wall, this tottering fence? They fully intend to topple him from his lofty place.; they take delight in lies. With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse.(vv.3-4).

          


  

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. (vv.5-6).

         

  





 

My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people, pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.(vv.7-8).

Lowborn men  are but a breath, the highborn are but a lie; if weighed on a balance, they are nothing; together they are only a breath. Do not trust in extortion or take pride in stolen goods; though your riches increased, do not set your heart on them.(vv.9-10).

            One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard; that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done. (vv.11-12).


            Psalm 63 A psalm of David. When he was  in the Desert of Judah, separated from the sanctuary in Jerusalem, David fellowship with God, who is the desire of his being(vv.1-4), the delight of his soul (vv.5-8), and the defense of his life(vv.9-11).

 O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. (v.1).

            I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. (vv.2-3).

            I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.(vv.4-5).

            On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. (vv.6-8).

            They who seek my life will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth. They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals. (vv.9-10).

            But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God’s name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced. (v.11).

Bibliography,

Ryrie, Charles C. The Ryrie study Bible (NIV). Chicago, IL: The Moody Bible Institute, 1986.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment