Friday, March 4, 2022

Bible in one year 3/5/2022 2Corinthians 11-13 By Rev.Katherine Liu Bruce

Bible in one year 3/5/2022 2Corinthians 11-13

By Rev.Katherine Liu Bruce

Christian Arts Ministries: Biblical precepts & Gospel Music ; Pastoral Ministry &Counseling

 

2 Corinthians Chapter 11 Paul and the False Apostles

 11:1 I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that.

11:2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.

11:3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

11:4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

11:5 But I do not think I am in the least inferior to those "super-apostles."

11:6 I may not be a trained speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.

11:7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?

11:8 I robbed other churches by receiving support from them so as to serve you.

11:9 And when I was with you and needed something, I was not a burden to anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied what I needed. I have kept myself from being a burden to you in any way, and will continue to do so.

11:10 As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine.

11:11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do!

11:12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about.

11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.

11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

11:15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Paul Boasts About His Sufferings

11:16 I repeat: Let no one take me for a fool. But if you do, then receive me just as you would a fool, so that I may do a little boasting.

11:17 In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool.

11:18 Since many are boasting in the way the world does, I too will boast.

11:19 You gladly put up with fools since you are so wise!

11:20 In fact, you even put up with anyone who enslaves you or exploits you or takes advantage of you or pushes himself forward or slaps you in the face.

11:21 To my shame I admit that we were too weak for that! What anyone else dares to boast about--I am speaking as a fool--I also dare to boast about.

11:22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham's descendants? So am I.

11:23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again.

11:24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.

11:25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea,

11:26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers.

11:27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.

11:28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches.

11:29 Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?

11:30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.

11:31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying.

11:32 In Damascus the governor under King Aretas had the city of the Damascenes guarded in order to arrest me.

11:33 But I was lowered in a basket from a window in the wall and slipped through his hands.

 

『我願你們容忍我一點愚妄,其實你們確是容忍我的。』林後十一1

『我以神的妒忌,妒忌你們,因為我曾把你們許配一個丈夫,要將一個貞潔的童女獻給基督。』林後十一2

『我只怕你們的心思或被敗壞,失去那向著基督的單純和純潔,就像蛇用詭詐誘騙了夏娃一樣。』林後十一3

『假若有人來,傳另一位耶穌,不是我們所傳過的,或者你們接受了一個不同的靈,不是你們所接受過的,或者接受了一個不同的福音,不是你們所接受過的,你們還好好的容忍他!』林後十一4

『但我認為,自己一點沒有趕不上那些超級的使徒。』林後十一5

『我即使在言語上是常人,在知識上卻不然;其實我們在凡事上,在各方面,都已經向你們顯明了。』林後十一6

『我因為白白傳神的福音給你們,就卑屈自己,為叫你們升高,這是我犯了罪麼?』林後十一7

『我剝奪了別的召會,取了工價,為著服事你們。』林後十一8

『我在你們那裏缺乏的時候,並沒有累著你們一個人,因我所缺乏的,那從馬其頓來的弟兄們都補足了。我向來凡事自守,不累著你們,將來也必自守。』林後十一9

『基督的真實在我裏面,這誇口在亞該亞一帶,是不會在我身上被堵住的。』林後十一10

『為甚麼?是因我不愛你們麼?神曉得。』林後十一11

『我現在所作的,將來還要作,為要斷絕那些要得機會者的機會,使他們在所誇的事上,給人看出也不過與我們一樣。』林後十一12

『那等人是假使徒,是詭詐的工人,裝作基督的使徒。』林後十一13

『這並不希奇,因為撒但自己也裝作光的使者。』林後十一14

『所以他的差役若也裝作義的差役,並不算大事,他們的結局,必然照著他們所作的。』林後十一15

『我再說,人不可把我看作愚妄的;縱然如此,也要把我當作愚妄人接納,叫我也可以略略誇口。』林後十一16

『我所說的,不是照著主說的,乃像在愚妄中,因自信而這樣誇口。』林後十一17

『既有好些人照著肉體誇口,我也要誇口,』林後十一18

『因你們是精明人,喜歡容忍愚妄人。』林後十一19

『若有人強制你們作奴隸,若有人侵吞你們,若有人擄掠你們,若有人高舉自己,若有人打你們的臉,你們都會容忍!』林後十一20

『我自賤的說,我們從前太軟弱了!然而,我愚妄的說,人在何事上勇敢,我也勇敢。』林後十一21

『他們是希伯來人麼?我也是。他們是以色列人麼?我也是。他們是亞伯拉罕的後裔麼?我也是。』林後十一22

『他們是基督的執事麼?我瘋狂的說,我更是!論勞苦,是更多的;論下監,是更多的;論鞭打,是過重的;論冒死,是屢次有的。』林後十一23

『我給猶太人鞭打五次,每次四十,減去一下;』林後十一24

『給棍打了三次,給石頭打了一次,遇著船壞三次,在深海裏過了一晝一夜;』林後十一25

『屢次行遠路,遭江河的危險、盜賊的危險、同族的危險、外邦人的危險、城裏的危險、曠野的危險、海中的危險、假弟兄中的危險;』林後十一26

『勞碌辛苦,論儆醒,是多次的;論飢渴、論不食,是多次的;論寒冷和赤身』林後十一27

『除了沒有題起的事,還有為眾召會的罣慮,天天壓在我身上。』林後十一28

『有誰軟弱,我不軟弱?有誰絆跌,我不焦急?』林後十一29

『我若必須誇口,就要誇我軟弱的事。』林後十一30

『主耶穌的神與父,就是那當受頌讚直到永遠的,知道我不說謊。』林後十一31

『在大馬色,亞哩達王手下的提督,把守大馬色人的城,要捉拿我,』林後十一32

『我就從窗戶中,在筐子裏給人從城牆上縋下去,逃脫了他的手。』林後十一33

 

2 Corinthians Chapter 12 Paul’s Vision and His Thorn

12:1 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord.

12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know--God knows.

12:3 And I know that this man--whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows--

12:4 was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.

12:5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses.

12:6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say.

12:7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.

12:8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.

12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

12:10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


 Paul’s Concern for the Corinthians

12:11 I have made a fool of myself, but you drove me to it. I ought to have been commended by you, for I am not in the least inferior to the "super-apostles," even though I am nothing.

12:12 The things that mark an apostle--signs, wonders and miracles--were done among you with great perseverance.

12:13 How were you inferior to the other churches, except that I was never a burden to you? Forgive me this wrong!

12:14 Now I am ready to visit you for the third time, and I will not be a burden to you, because what I want is not your possessions but you. After all, children should not have to save up for their parents, but parents for their children.

12:15 So I will very gladly spend for you everything I have and expend myself as well. If I love you more, will you love me less?

12:16 Be that as it may, I have not been a burden to you. Yet, crafty fellow that I am, I caught you by trickery!

12:17 Did I exploit you through any of the men I sent you?

12:18 I urged Titus to go to you and I sent our brother with him. Titus did not exploit you, did he? Did we not act in the same spirit and follow the same course?

12:19 Have you been thinking all along that we have been defending ourselves to you? We have been speaking in the sight of God as those in Christ; and everything we do, dear friends, is for your strengthening.

12:20 For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder.

12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

 

『誇口固然無益,但我是不得已的。我要來說主的異象和啟示。』林後十二1

『我認得一個在基督裏的人,十四年前,這樣的一位被提,直到第三層天裏,(或在身內,我不曉得,或在身外,我也不曉得,只有神曉得。)』林後十二2

『並且我認得這樣一個人,(或在身內,或在身外,我都不曉得,只有神曉得,)』林後十二3

『他被提進樂園裏,聽見不能言傳的話語,是人不可說的。』林後十二4

『為這樣的一位,我要誇口,但是為我自己,除了我的軟弱以外,我並不誇口。』林後十二5

『我即使願意誇口,也不是愚妄,因為我必說真話,只是我惜口不說,恐怕有人評估我,過於他在我身上所看見的,或從我所聽見的。』林後十二6

『又恐怕我因所得啟示的超越,就過於高抬自己,所以有一根刺,就是撒但的使者,加在我的肉體上,為要攻擊我,免得我過於高抬自己。』林後十二7

『為這事,我三次求過主,叫這刺離開我。』林後十二8

祂對我說,我的恩典彀你用的,因為我的能力,是在人的軟弱上顯得完全。所以我極其喜歡誇我的軟弱,好叫基督的能力覆庇我。』林後十二9

『因此,我為基督的緣故,就以軟弱、凌辱、貧困、逼迫、困苦為可喜悅的,因我甚麼時候軟弱,甚麼時候就有能力了。』林後十二10

『我成了愚妄人,是你們強逼我的。我本該為你們所推薦,因為我即使算不了甚麼,也沒有一點趕不上那些超級的使徒。』林後十二11

『我使徒的記號,確已在你們中間,以全般的忍耐,藉著神蹟、奇事和異能,完全顯出來了。』林後十二12

『因為除了我自己不累著你們以外,你們還有甚麼事不及其餘的召會?這不公之處,你們饒恕我罷!』林後十二13

『看哪,這是我第三次豫備好,要到你們那裏去,也必不累著你們,因我所尋求的不是你們的東西,乃是你們自己。因為兒女不該為父母積蓄,父母乃該為兒女積蓄。』林後十二14

『我極其喜歡為你們花費,並完全花上自己。難道我越發愛你們,就越發少得你們的愛麼?』林後十二15

『罷了!我並沒有加給你們擔子,你們卻有人說,我是狡猾詭詐,用詭計牢籠你們。』林後十二16

『我所差到你們那裏去的人,我藉著其中一個佔過你們的便宜麼?』林後十二17

『我勸了提多,又差了那位弟兄同去。提多佔過你們的便宜麼?我們行事,不是在同一的靈裏麼?不是在同一的腳蹤裏麼?』林後十二18

『你們一向以為我們是向你們分訴,我們乃是在基督裏當著神面前說話。親愛的,一切的事都是為建造你們。』林後十二19

『我怕我來的時候,或許見到你們不合我所想要的,你們見到我也不合你們所想要的;又怕有爭競、嫉妒、惱怒、私圖好爭、誹謗、讒言、自高自大、混亂的事;』林後十二20

『且怕我再來的時候,我的神在你們面前卑屈我,我還要為那許多從前犯罪,還沒有悔改他們所行污穢淫亂邪蕩之事的人哀慟。』林後十二21

 

2 Corinthians Chapter 13 Final Warnings

13:1 This will be my third visit to you. "Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses."

13:2 I already gave you a warning when I was with you the second time. I now repeat it while absent: On my return I will not spare those who sinned earlier or any of the others,

13:3 since you are demanding proof that Christ is speaking through me. He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you.

13:4 For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God's power we will live with him to serve you.

13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

13:6 And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test.

13:7 Now we pray to God that you will not do anything wrong. Not that people will see that we have stood the test but that you will do what is right even though we may seem to have failed.

13:8 For we cannot do anything against the truth, but only for the truth.

13:9 We are glad whenever we are weak but you are strong; and our prayer is for your perfection.

13:10 This is why I write these things when I am absent, that when I come I may not have to be harsh in my use of authority--the authority the Lord gave me for building you up, not for tearing you down.

 

Final Greetings

13:11 Finally, brothers, good-by. Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

13:12 Greet one another with a holy kiss.

13:13 All the saints send their greetings.

13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

 



『這是我第三次要到你們那裏去,憑兩三個見證人的口,句句都要定準。』林後十三1

『我從前說過,現今不在的時候,事先又對那些從前犯了罪的,和所有其餘的人說,正如我第二次同在的時候所說的;我若再來,必不寬容,』林後十三2

『因為你們尋求基督在我裏面說話的憑證。基督向著你們不是軟弱的,在你們裏面乃是有大能的。』林後十三3

祂固然由於軟弱被釘十字架,卻由於神的大能仍然活著。我們在祂裏面也是軟弱,但由於神向著你們的大能,必與祂同活。』林後十三4

『你們要試驗自己是否在信仰中;你們要驗證自己。豈不知你們有耶穌基督在你們裏面麼?除非你們是經不起試驗的。』林後十三5

『我卻盼望你們曉得,我們不是經不起試驗的。』林後十三6

『我們求神,叫你們一件惡事都不作。這不是要顯明我們是經得起試驗的,乃是要你們行善,讓我們就像是經不起試驗的罷!』林後十三7

『因為我們不能作任何事抵擋真理,只能擁護真理。』林後十三8

『無論何時我們軟弱,你們有能力,我們就喜樂了;我們還祈求一件事,就是你們被成全。』林後十三9

『所以我不在的時候,寫這些事,好叫我同在的時候,不必照著主所賜給我的權柄,嚴厲的待你們;這權柄是為著建造人,並不是為著拆毀人。』林後十三10

末了,弟兄們,要喜樂,要被成全,要受安慰,要思念相同的事,要和睦,如此那愛與和平的神,必與你們同在。』林後十三11

『你們要用聖別的親嘴彼此問安。』林後十三12

『眾聖徒都問你們安。』林後十三13

『願主耶穌基督的恩,神的愛,聖靈的交通,與你們眾人同在。』林後十三14

 

Bibliography,

            King James, The Holy Bible, Cleveland, OH: The world publishing company

            Lee, Witness. The New Testament (R.V.) Anaheim, CA: Living Stream Ministry, 1985.

            Ryrie, Charles C. The Ryrie study Bible (NIV).Chicago, IL: The Moody Bible Institute, 1986.          

            

 

No comments:

Post a Comment